Infectious Diseases Prevention and Control in the Community-Based-Care (CBC) Setting
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (registration begins at 8:00 a.m.)
Location: Tabitha Nursing & Rehab Center
4720 Randolph St.
Lincoln, NE 68510
- Review the pathophysiology of CBC infections: gastroenteritis (Cdif and nororvirus), pneumonia (viral and bacterial), head lice, scabies, shingles, and UTI’s.
- Discuss antibiotic resistance mechanisms, terminology and reporting principles of: MRSA, and resistant gram-negative rods (ESBL, CRE).
- Identify CDC guidelines relative to surveillance and control of the commonly-encountered infections.
- Present the 2019 CDC/ACIP adult vaccinations information.
- Review updated information relative to the CBC compliance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Rule.
Pat Preston, MS is an infectious diseases control and prevention consultant for the long-term care industry. Preston’s 44 year, national practice provides the participant in his workshops with an up-to-date, experienced and practical approach to the subject matter. The presenter incorporates the most current CDC, OSHA, and CMS guidance for infection control and prevention in a CBC setting.
6.50 hours of continuing education from Nebraska DHHS Regulation and Licensure, Board of NHA has been approved for this workshop. Appropriate records will be maintained for other Disciplines to receive credit from their credentialing organizations. 6 Continuing Education Contact Hours provided by Iowa Western Community College, Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #6. Approval pending.