Join us for the LeadingAge Nebraska Virtual Annual Meeting & Exhibit Show on October 12-15! Held only in the afternoons, you will have the opportunity to participate in live-stream keynotes & education sessions, virtually stroll through the exhibit hall, hang out in the networking lounge and more!
Take advantage of our current offer, which is good through September 30th: Register 4, get the rest FREE. This is a great opportunity to give most of your staff the opportunity to participate in the virtual conference. Once you have 4 registered from your facility, a coupon code will be sent to the facility administrator that can be used to register an unlimited number for FREE. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions!
CEUs offered for both live and on-demand sessions! 9 hours of nursing, administrator and CBDM CEUs are offered for the live conference. Both nursing contact hours and administrator CEUs are also offered for the on-demand sessions, up to 23 hours.
If attendees attend all sessions at the live conference and fill out evaluations for every session attended, live CEU certificates (9 hours) will be sent out at the conclusion of the live conference.
However, if you miss one or more of the live sessions, you will still qualify for CEUs for any sessions attended as on-demand CEs. These have the same value as live CEUs; they are just awarded differently. Any registrant may view sessions on-demand to earn additional CEUs, up to 23 hours. When the on-demand period ends on December 10, we will send certificates of completion for all on-demand sessions attended (one certificate per one hour of on-demand sessions attended). Evaluations of on-demand sessions must be completed to qualify for nursing hours.
Nursing: Continuing Education Contact Hours awarded by Iowa Western Community College, Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #6.
There are sessions for everyone--administrators, nurses, assisted living-specific, dietary/dining, activities and more!
As an added bonus, the cost of the virtual conference is 25% less than the 2019 Fall Conference price. Combined with the added benefit of no extra time, travel or hotel costs, this is a really good way to network and get CEUs!
We look forward to connecting virtually with you in October!REGISTER NOW
- Monday, Oct 12:
- 1:00-1:15pm Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 1:15-2:15pm Keynote (Denise Boudreau-Scott) Tired to Inspired
- 2:15-2:45pm Explore the Exhibit Show and Networking Lounge
- 2:45-3:45pm Breakout 1
- Track A: Adam White, Purpose Driven: We Do it Better When We Do It Together
- Track B: Janie York, Hear Now Solutions, Hearing care for facility dwelling elders … why their quality of life depends on it!
- Track C: Kathleen Weissberg, Select Rehab, COVID-19 and Trauma Informed Care: Strategies for Caregivers
- 4:00-5:00 Beach Party!!
- Tuesday, Oct 13:
- 12:00-1:00pm “lunch with exhibitors” prize event
- 1:00-2:00pm Breakout 2
- Track A: Denise Boudreau-Scott, Secrets Your Employees Aren’t Telling You
- Track B: Jodi Eyigor, LeadingAge, Preparing for the Next Nursing Home Survey
- Track C: Erin Finke, Infinity Rehab, Burnout, Stress and Your Mental Health: how to successfully take care of yourself during this Pandemic
- 2:00-2:15pm Break
- 2:15-3:15pm Breakout 3
- Track A: Ahnemann Associates, Let’s Talk: Fundraising in Today’s World
- Track B: Erika Kramer, Martin Bros, Cross Training for a Safe Environment (infection control)
- Track C: Kathleen Weissberg, Select Rehab, Busy Doing Nothing? How to Foster Purpose and Meaning for Seniors in Long-Term Care
- 3:15-3:30pm Break
- 3:30-4:30pm Breakout 4
- Track A: TJ Casady, Union Bank & Trust, Understanding the Paycheck Protection Program and Loan Forgiveness
- Track B: Dr. Salmon Ashraf and Kate Tyner, Infection Prevention and Control in Post-Acute and Long-Term Care (PALTC) Settings: Getting to know the resources available through Nebraska ICAP
- Track C: Kathleen Weissberg, Select Rehab Together We Can: Impact Suicide and Despair in Transition Elderly
- Wednesday, Oct 14:
- 1:00-2:00pm Breakout 5
- Track A: Madj Alwan and Scott Code, LeadingAge CAST, Leveraging Technology during Covid-19 (telehealth)
- Track B: Dr. Claire Nicholas, Adaptive Clothing: A Continuum Perspective and Recent Apparel Trends
- Track C: Doug Hohbein, Assistant State Fire Marshal, Fire and Life Safety Codes in LTC and ALF
- 2:00-3:00pm ANNUAL MEETING
- 3:00-3:30pm Exhibit Show
- 3:30-4:30pm Breakout 6
- Track A: Michael Marlow, Life Care Services, We are Senior Living - We Were Built for This! A New Perspective & Approach to Senior Living Sales
- Track B: Angela M Vasa, Nebraska Medicine, National Emerging Special Pathogen Training and Education Center (NETEC) Technical Response Consultation for Long Term Care: Strengths, Opportunities for Advancement and Strategies to Close the Gap
- Track C: Julie Halfpop, Martin Bros, Dining Lessons Learned Amid Covid: A Panel Discussion
- 1:00-2:00pm Breakout 5
- Thursday, Oct 15:
- 12:00-1:00pm Townhall lunch
- 1:00-2:00pm Katie Smith Sloan, President & CEO of LeadingAge, National Update Keynote: A National Perspective on Aging Services - The Now, The Near and the Far
- 2:00-2:45pm Exhibit Show, final prizes
- 2:45-3:45pm Breakout 7
- Track A: Dr. Julie Masters, UNO, Ageism: Why It Matters Now, More Than Ever
- Track B: Janine Finck-Boyle, LeadingAge, Linking Your Emergency Preparedness Plan to Infection Control
- Track C: Gretchen Robinson, Martin Bros, Stepping Dining Up a Notch
- 3:45-3:50pm Closing
Rate through 9/14: $220 for members, $270 for non-members
Rate after 9/14: $235 for members, $290 for non-members
Student retiree rate: $140
Direct Care Staff: $140*
Limited time only: For provider members, all registrations are free after 4 paid registrations. Email email@example.com for a free registration coupon code after 4 registrations. Offer valid until September 30, 2020.
*The Direct Care Staff rate is intended for medication aides, CNAs, Dietary Aides, etc. ONLY.
SUBSTITUTIONS: Registration fees are nonrefundable. However, substitutions are gladly accepted! Substitution of registration is permitted prior to the conference and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct 8. Only one substitution is permitted per original registrant. The individual submitting the substitution request is responsible for all financial obligations (any balance due) associated with that substitution.
Link sharing & splitting is strictly prohibited. A registration must be used by the same person for the entire conference.
Concurrent sessions for this conference will be available for viewing for up to 2 months following the close of the live virtual conference. Therefore, no cancellations will be approved or refunds issued.
CEUs: Up to 23 hours of continuing education from Nebraska DHHS Regulation and Licensure, Board of NHA has been approved for this conference. Appropriate records will be maintained for other disciplines to receive credit from their credentialing organizations.
Up to 23 (9 live CEUs and up to 14 more on-demand CEUs, OR up to 23 on-demand CEUs) continuing education contact hours have been approved by Iowa Western Community College, Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #6.
9 hours have been approved for continuing education (CE) hours by the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM)requirements of the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM). Granting prior approval does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor by ANFP or CBDM. Approval #: 165587
QUESTIONS? Contact Natalie at 402-327-9252 or email@example.com with any questions about the online registration process, membership status, if you are interested in joining as a member, or if you have any payment questions.