LeadingAge Nebraska and the Nebraska Culture Change Coalition present:
Understanding Human Behavior: Improving Staff Retention
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2019
Location: Jewish Community Center, Omaha, NE
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Description: Care communities across the nation are experiencing critical staffing shortages. Drawing from the science of human behavior and evidence-based research, this one day training helps leaders create a culture and climate where people want to work. This cutting-edge course draws upon the insights and experiences of thought leader Nancy Fox and her 30-plus years of studying and living person-centered practices that lead to higher staff retention. Attending this training will help leaders adopt new beliefs, assumptions and practices that engage everyone in creating a culture of care that strengthens well-being for all care partners.
- Explore human behavior from a brain science perspective;
- Appreciate and understand diverse perspectives across the care partner team;
- Redefine accountability;
- Identify ways to move beyond the limitations of scarcity thinking;
- Learn how to implement keystone habits that will support staff retention;
- Leave with practical tools and strategies that put learning into action.
Presenter: Nancy Fox, Management and Leadership Training Facilitator
Continuing Education: 6.75 hours of continuing education from Nebraska DHHS Regulation and Licensure, Board of NHA has been approved for this workshop. Appropriate records will be maintained for other Disciplines to receive credit from their credentialing organizations. 6.75 Continuing Education Contact Hours provided by Iowa Western Community College, Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #6.