Virtual Assisted Living Workshop
Dates: June 15 & 16, 2021
Times: 1:00-4:15 pm CT each day
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn first hand with your peers about hot topics in Assisted Living! Nine different speakers over two afternoons will address a variety of issues facing assisted living facilities in Nebraska, everything from fire safety to financial to marketing to emergency planning. The discussion and training will be focused on assisted living ONLY.
The workshop will be held virtually over two afternoons. Register your whole staff today to get your spots reserved!
Tuesday, June 15, 2021: (all times are CT)
- 1:00-2:00 Fire Safety in Assisted Living Facilities - Doug Hohbein, Assistant State Fire Marshal
- 2:00-3:00 Physical Considerations in Assisted Living - Shane Larsen, Principal, Schemmer
- 3:00-3:15 Break
- 3:15-4:15 Financial Considerations in Assisted Living - Sharon Colling, Lantern Health Services
- 1:00-2:00 Emergency preparedness panel - John Kopetzky, Executive Director of Legacy Terrace, Mark Hosking from Lincoln-Lancaster County Emergency Management Agency, Bryan Tuma from the NE Emergency Management Agency, Renee Pickerel, Executive Director of Legacy Arbors
- 2:00-3:00 Assisted Living Marketing & Resident Services Agreements - John Kopetzky, Executive Director of Legacy Terrace & Jocelyn Fitzgerald, Marketing Director at Legacy Terrace
- 3:00-3:15 Break
- 3:15-4:15 POA and other Capacity and Consent Issues in Assisted Living - Vickie Ahlers, Baird Holm
Sponsored by Gold Business Associate HCIS/MBS
LeadingAge NE members: $115
Direct Care Staff (intended only for CNAs, med aides, etc.): $60
Continuing Education: 6 hours of continuing education from Nebraska DHHS Regulation and Licensure, Board of NHA has been approved for this workshop. Appropriate records will be maintained for other disciplines to receive credit from their credentialing organizations. 6 Continuing Education Contact Hours provided by Iowa Western Community College, Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #6. Approval pending.
Target Audience: Administrators, DONs, Nurse Managers, Nurse Leaders, Management Staff & other interested professionals.
Fees are per connection at a facility. Registration instructions and handout materials will be sent to the contact person on the registration prior to the program. Registration fee includes electronic handout(s), one connection to the live workshop, and instructions for receiving CE credit/attendance certificate (if applicable). This program will NOT be recorded. A recording of this workshop is NOT included in the registration fee.